Surviving Exam Season!
You are a student, you are stressed, and you feel the pressure put on my teachers, parents, and worse – yourself. It’s too much! It really is. Stop and take a breath. Give yourself a little credit. You are more than one exam, one grade, or one day in your life. Do the work you need to do, then get a really good night of sleep. And remember these basic truths!
- Education is a journey, not a race.
- It doesn’t matter how long it takes to get there, just that you keep going.
- Even if you fail, there’s summer school!
- No grade is worth your life, your health, or your sanity.
- Take it one test, one day, one hour at a time – that’s all it takes.
- You will get through, not matter how scary or stressful it seems.
- Your family will love you no matter how well you do.
- What do they call a medical student who graduates with a ‘C’ average? Answer: Doctor.
- Hiding, getting sick, and becoming a victim is actually the wrong thing to do. By virtue of being in high school or college in America you are one of the most privileged people on the planet. Own it and be awesome!
- You are bigger than any single test. Embrace what you know, keep learning, and become the person you are meant to be.
Cheers to your success whatever it looks like!